Hidden Benefits: Basement Bonuses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Benefits: Basement Bonuses?

I recently played a MP where I failed in an early war and fell behind the pack as a result. So to this date I had never really been in the last place position.

While in last place I "discovered" a new source of copper, and a new source of gold. I also had +6 forests regrow for me. This was also in a small map, in a empire that consisted of 5 tightly packed cities. If my opponents were to benefit on the same "scale" as my little corner of the planet they'd probably discover 4 or more minerials and get over twice as many forests.

So while I doubt it will ever entirely make up for the fact that a player is in last place, can anyone else confirm or deny that the last place player gets favors?

Players in last place also generally get free techs from the AI's they're friendly with, as a show of pity I was in a similar situation with my first Prince game, and ended up being totally annihilated after 4 AI's declared war on me because I didn't adopt their religion... because they didn't spread it to my cities. Lovely, eh?

Comment

Working...
    X