This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US yankees

My best compliments to moderators that are used to change trhread titles and also delete threads that do not praise the game.

At least you could close posts but deleting the whole thread it has been a coward action typical of USA yankee doo doos.

Would you like also to bombard me to export democracy ???

Gunter

???
    This isn't even a US board.
    None of the mods here are in fact American.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Which thread was deleted

(Apart from my April Fool's one )

edit: Oh, I see it (or don't see it, rather). It's weird that the thread was deleted... Closing it was enough.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

It was weird that they decided to delete it, closing would have been enough

This thread belongs to the community subforum though
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

My error deleting it. I saw all the complaints about it becoming a spam fest and didn't notice it was already closed so I deleted it. It is not our normal operating mode to take action in a thread when another mod has already taken action. My apologies to the mod that closed it.

It had nothing to do with it being and ANTI civ thread. If so, it would have been deleted well before it got to page 4. It degenerated into a +1 spam thread. That's the content that led me to delete it so all the +1ers would lose those post counts. If it had been a Joy Joy thread, I would have done the same thing.

The owners and the specific forum mods have all contacted me and suggested that it probably wasn't the best choice I've made. In hindsight, I concur.

But those that claim it was due to it being an negative thread about the game are just speculating about something they don't know squat about.
          Which isn't that uncommon here.

My apologies. I try to take responsiblities for my actions.

RAH
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Does this really warrant such an elaborate apology? You just made a (very minor honest) mistake, nothing more or less, pfff.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Well, explaining the situation is always in order, lest some people really begin to think we have a policy of deleting threads that are critical of the game. Rah

At the same time, I have to admit that I also made a mistake in not closing that thread earlier, because blatant spamming had been going on for about 50 posts before I closed it.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Not for the whole thing, more for taking action in a thread that another mod had already taken action is.
                That's one rule I really try not to violate. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered to apologize
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

thread.

Delete it rah!
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

And, as seems to be the norm, Solver closed it right before I was going to say something brilliant.

Can't, for the life of me, think of what it was now.

Hmmm. Oh well. Take my word for it, it was brilliant!

Tom P.
                    :P

Comment

and this thread is destined to be a spam thread as well.

And shouldn't it be New York Yankees?

Comment

And spammers are destined to be banned or PCRed.

So closing this one in order not to allow any unfortunate ( ) bans to be handed out - the original issue has been explained.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                        X