Classical music pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classical music pieces

Can someone tell me the exact titles of the classical pieces in CIV4, like the title of each mp3?

[Civ4 folder]\Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack

Most file names have the format: [composer], [title], [#].mp3
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Oh, I guess what I wrote sounds a bit confusing.
      I`d like to know the actual titles of the music pieces.

Like, Brahms3 2.mp3.. what`s the title that Brahms gave to this song?

Comment

It doesn't list the full names? It does for me... I guess that must be my beta version then, though I find it unlikely they would've renamed the files for the final version. The example you give looks like the DOS name, what OS are you using?

There are too many files to list all names, if there's anything in particular you'd like to know I could list them. The Brahms pieces are all from Hungarian Dances or Symphony No. 3.

Edit: if you right-click the files and select Properties, the 2nd tab (not sure what its called in English, the Dutch name translates as Summary) gives some info on the name and type of piece.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

A lot of the music file names give the name of the piece, but some of the pieces simply don't have a special name. A good example would be the symphonies which are usually known just by number. The file mentioned by Grenouille should be the 2nd movement of Symphony No. 3 by Brahms. (Beethoven's Symphony No. 6 is known as "Pastorale" but the file names just include the number of the symphony and of the movement.)

A technical question: If I want to hear additional music files not instead of, but in addition to the standard pieces, can I simply put them into the standard soundtrack folder or do I have to copy the standard pieces into the custom folder and add the new one?
          Last edited by Verrucosus; May 6, 2006, 07:36.

Comment

Do they have id tags?

No, I quess not. I seem to recall many, if not all, of the modern musics were from "Nixon in China" a play, music composed by John Adams.
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

For a lot of the classical composers, the numbers are the symphony number and the movement number. Dvorak 9 2 is the second movement of Dvorak's New World Symphony, for example.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
              X