Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help. Can't load my own saved games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help. Can't load my own saved games.

I have had this problem before but it went away, and yet now it is back and *very* frustrating.

I have a host of saved games, and when I try to load some of them (the last 10 or so, though much earlier ones are still load-able, sometimes) I get the following message:

"The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been charged."

I hit the "ok" button and the game shuts down entirely. Closes to desktop.

When this last happened I actually called the game helpline and made a report and they took my phone number... but nobody got back to me.

Any ideas? This is a custom game - I like games where the random seed is preserved - and I did have the lock thing on, but that shouldn't prevent me from loading up saved games, right? It wasn't yesterday. Why now? Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks!

Did you patch your game to a newer version?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

This can happen if you have changed an xml file & you have no cheating (I forget the 1.61 equivalent - they changed it) checked. The same thing happened to me because I used civscale to change the font and colors. I ran civscale again, and set everything back to original, and the save opened fine. I don't think graphics mods would cause this issue though.

Comment

Not between last night and now.

I put in the new patch, the 1.6 or whatever, two weeks ago. Played last night until about 1am. Came back from work around 10pm tonight and here I am. Unable to load the last 15 or so saved games.

Comment

This is usually caused by the "no cheating" toggle. IIRC, you can open a save game with a text editor and uncheck the option. Then the saved game can be open normally. I am not sure about the exact details, however.
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Huh?

Why would the "no cheating" toggle prevent me from opening a saved game?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but doesn't that sound weird, buggy?

Strange. And certainly not fun.

Thanks for the response though, of course.

Comment

Somehow it thinks the XML files have been changed. Yup, probably buggy. Personally I think it's a silly option.

Comment

Working...
              X