• OCC vs AI

The AI knows how to do this ?

me thinks not

or is was never ment to try agaisnt AI
    Attached Files
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Huh?

OCC is a CHALLENGE for the human player, to make it more challenging against the AI. OCC has *never* been about everyone having only one city.

Comment

That's a bunch of Napoleons...
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I was in a experimental mood

oh

I was one too

Comment

I reccomend playing a couple OCC, I found it useful in learning what you can do with fewer cities, optimizing what improvments to build where and negotiating with the AI.

Comment

I second that. I am on my second OCC game. The first one was a bust in that I was the Russians. I was losing the whole game, finally made it to the techs required for Cossacks to start my big comeback, only to find there are NO horses on the entire planet to trade for.

Oh, well, it is interesting to have to optimize for one city. It is also very interesting to play from the bottom of the score list instead of the top. It used to be on Civ II that if you weren't way ahead by 1AD, it was just going to get worse. Many other interesting things can happen if you are in the lower half of the scores.

Comment

I am looking for a replacement in a OCC

give me a PM for the details

Comment

Well, the main problem with OCC in Civ IV is that the culture victory is impossible. (Unlike Civ III)

No matter how good your city is, the AI who isn't OCCing will catch up in time to have a much better chance of building the spaceship than you due to the Space Race needing the entire tech tree.

And trying to win via UN with only one city is also doubtful to say the least.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                X