Can't declare war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't declare war

I have an open borders, right to passage with all other leaders (all AI) and now I can not declare war. Clicking on the leaders name on the lower right of the screen brings up the individual but the is no option to declare war ( your head would look good on a pike). I have update 1.61 installed.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Click: Leader’s name.
    Click: “Let’s Discuss Something Else”
    Then: “Your Head Would Look Good on the End of a Pole”
    "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

I'll go out on a long shot here, but have you tried cancelling open borders with someone then declareing war on them?

Comment

You can not declare war on someone within 10 turns of signing peace with them.

Or, you may have selected "Always Peace" in options before starting the game.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I do not have Always Peace selected and there is no option for "your head would look . . ., I cannot see any way to cancel open borders either. Very confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by jmurr
            . . ., I cannot see any way to cancel open borders either. Very confusing.
            You have to look in the option that says something like, "What deals do we currently have on the go".

As for declaring war, you can also do it by pressing Alt while you click on the leaders name in the score list. I learned that one the hard way by pressing the wrong key while trying to communicate.

Comment

You can cancel deals, including open borders, from the summary screen that shows all the deals you have with the various leaders. Click on the deal and you should get an option to cancel it.
              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Sorry jmurr, but did you try out what TheArsenal said?
                LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

What I do is hold down Alt and click the leader name.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

You have to cancel the open borders. Then if you call leader up again, war choice will appear. Unless you want to fight everyone, do not start war (by alt-click) with open borders in place. You will take a huge hit diplomatically with all the other civs. Dont ask how I know, just trust me on this. (Okay, okay, it was my screwup.)
                    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Really?

I do that all the time and I've never noticed extra negatives.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                      X