Shouldn't this be a victory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shouldn't this be a victory?

I control 68% of land spaces. (the book says must control more than two-thirds)

I also have 51% of the population with Washington having 39% and Ceaser having 10% (everyone else has been wiped out).

The book says that you must have 25% more than your opposition. 51 is > 25% more than 39

So I thought maybe you have to have 25 % more than ALL the opposition so I went ahead and wiped out Ceaser. Now I have his population, but still the computer is never saying I won a Domination victory.

What am I missing?

Re: Shouldn't this be a victory?

[SIZE=1] The book says that you must have 25% more than your opposition. 51 is > 25% more than 39
    Er, no it's not. 39 + 25 = 64.

Bh

Comment

Look at the victory conditions and see what it says you need. It addjusts according to the situation.

Comment

Er, no it's not. 39 + 25 = 64.
        Is that what it means?

I thought it meant you must have 25% more than yuor rivals meaning 25% greater, not 25 percentage points more.

I.e. If Washington has 39% population, then 25% of 39 equals 9.75, so I would need 39 + 9.75 or 48.75% of the population.

I'm sure you are right that it actually means 25 percentage points higher, thanks for the clarification.

But I maintain that 25 percentage points is NOT the same as 25% more than the opposition.

Comment

It does mean 25 percentage points higher, and the manual isn't clear.

But the tip about looking in victory conditions is good because it tells you there.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

But the tip about looking in victory conditions is good because it tells you there.
            Will it tell me how much more I need? I checked there, and that's where I got the %'s for each player and for the land space, but didn't see where it said how much population I still needed to win. That's why I was confused.

Comment

I thought it told you how much you needed to win there...
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

it does,

on the left side of the screen

under the word domination

i think its just a straight percentage u need. not X% more than ur opponents

from memory i thought the pop % required was 54%.

Comment

The pop % depends on the other civs in the game, it calculates it for you I think.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                  X