AI domination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI domination?

Has anyone ever seen the AI pull off a domination win?

I ask because Roosevelt actually came pretty close in my last game. He was able to grab almost 50% of the land mass and over 40% population. It was insane, I've never seen the comp do nearly that well at warfare. His army was three of four times larger than mine and I was constantly pumping units for the entire game. I was luckily able to edge out a space victory at the end since I had 3 buffer civs seperating me. He was furious at me the whole game but never declared on me but annihilated two large civs and was pushing my borders at the end.

He had modern armor and could have crushed me. I was kind of rooting for him to do it.

lol

preverse

Comment

Re: AI domination?

Originally posted by PaganPaulwhisky
      Has anyone ever seen the AI pull off a domination win?

I ask because Roosevelt actually came pretty close in my last game. He was able to grab almost 50% of the land mass and over 40% population. It was insane, I've never seen the comp do nearly that well at warfare. His army was three of four times larger than mine and I was constantly pumping units for the entire game. I was luckily able to edge out a space victory at the end since I had 3 buffer civs seperating me. He was furious at me the whole game but never declared on me but annihilated two large civs and was pushing my borders at the end.

He had modern armor and could have crushed me. I was kind of rooting for him to do it.
      Interesting. Do you by any chance have a save file at or near the start? I'd love to try that one myself.

smacfan

Comment

originally posted by smacfan Interesting.
        Do you by any chance have a save file at or near the start? I'd love to try that one myself.
        Not right now since I am at work, but I will try to post one tomorrow (If I still have it). It was a standard size highlands map with 7 civs default options (I drew Egypt, but had no horse). My start location was rather poor.

For some reason Roosevelt always tears it up in my games and ends up way on top.

Comment

I think if played out, on pangaea games that the player doesn't win, you'll probably see an AI domination at times. I suppose on continents or the like it's not clever enough to conquer another continent for the domination, and rather goes for space race.
          The main problem with this is, that when an AI gets that strong, the human usually has very slim chances, and resigns. So you just don't get to see the end.

Comment

Working...
          X