Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone else having crashes all the time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone else having crashes all the time...

Hello everybody !

I've been trying to play this game this december 2005. But it never worked well on my PC.
    Since the beginning, I have done everything I could find in those times, reinstalling completely the game, setting no video in the ini file, installing 1.09 and 1.52 patch, but the game kept on crashing after about half an hour maximum.

But now, since I installed the last patch 1.61, it has become quite unplayable, the game often crashing after 5 minutes, sometimes it is even the computer that reboots.
    I play on Windows XP, I have 512Mo RAM, and my gaphic card is a Geforce 4mx (64 Mo)

On what I read around here now, I think it may be a problem with "overheat" somewhere on my computer. But what do you think I should do against this ? Should I buy more RAM ? Change my graphic card ? Or something totally different ?

Thank you for your advices !!

Vinnnch

PS : I can attach a zip file with my last generated logs, if it can interest anybody

How does the game crash? To the desktop? Freezes the computer entirely?

It looks like your video card is a bit old. Check to see if it supports hardware T&L.

What CPU are you using?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Thanks for your answer
      I tried something yesterday evening, I opened my computer so that it could "refresh" better. And it worked quite fine, I could play for more than 1 hour, with no crash.
      The problem is indeed a heat problem

Being at work now, I have not the references of my CPU here. And I haven't much cash to pay a more than 150$ graphic card, I fear... I don't know, it's a bit ridiculous, but, could I install a fan just below my graphic card, so that it heats slower ?...

Comment

Okay if it's a problem with overheating try this:

1. Clean the interior of the case. Use a vacuum to suck all the dust out.
        2. Get a better cooler for your CPU. I am using CoolerMaster (ack, evil Flash crap).
        3. If your case can take more fans put in more.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

:If the game is crashing to the desktop, it may well be a memory leak. Try reinstalling the directx version 9.0c, THE ONE THAT COMES WITH THE CIV4 DISC itself. This fixed my crashing, even with patch 1.09-1.61.

: Also, buying a more sophisticated video graphics card would do no harm either. I recommend ATI Raedeon 350/550 x series, good buy for good card (256mb).

NubianMercenary
          Empires may come and go, but the word of God remains eternal.

Comment

Thank you all, but I see now that the problem was really the heat ! I have played 2 hours yesterday evening, with no problem.
            Creazy, maybe I'll even be able to play on the net soon !!!

Comment

Working...
            X