Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly does locked alliances do for you??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly does locked alliances do for you??

I know about the LOS and the shared research but what other attributes does a locked alliance have? And how does the shared research work? Do you get each others techs automatically? What if you both are researching the same thing at the same time? Do you get the tech based on the combined beakers researching it?

Thanks!

con
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

You can't switch alliances.

Comment

Thanks

That was enlightening
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I really wish they would change this back to the way it was in the first version of Civ4, where you could have permanent alliances with multiple civs. Don't see why they didn't just make it an option.

Comment

Only one of the two civs can build a ceratin wonder at any given time.

If one goes to war so does the other.

Shared victory conditions.
          Cultural: 3 legendary culture cities between them.
          Diplomatic: treated as one entity in the UN elections.
          Space Race: Civs build one space ship between them.
          Domination: Combined civ land and populations used to determine this victory.
          Conquest: Have to eliminate one less civ.
          Time: I have no idea how this one is figured out since both civs retain a seperate and different score after the alliance.

Both civs benefit from each others resources. This appears to be the case even if there is only one such resource over both empires. You must ask the other civ for use of such resources.

Edit: You get shared techs automatically and when both civs are researching the same thing it is a c ase of combined beakers. I'm not sure what happens regarding the free engineer if a permanent alliance is the first to research fusion
          LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

You ally tends to offer his resources right away...

He also has a habit of building spaceship parts in Palookaville, pop. 200...
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
            X