Soundtrack for Civ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundtrack for Civ4

I think the soundtrack for Civ4 is good enough to listen to even when I'm not playing the game Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

The soundtrack came with the special edition. If you didn't buy that, perhaps you can find someone who's willing to sell that CD.

Comment

The music's in mp3 format. I've been able to open them just fine in winamp.

Comment

What's the path, for those of us who haven't bothered to look?

Edit: Nevermind...I looked

x:\Civilization 4\Assets\Sounds\Soundtrack

Comment

BTW: What language is the theme "Baba Yat" sung in anyway? I like that song ^_^
          Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

It's the Lord's prayer in Swahili.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

There are some tracks on the Soundtrack CD that are not heard within the normal game. Also the CD is nice because you can really listen to the complete music of the various leaders. During gameplay, I am too impatient to sit there with the diplo screen open to hear the music.

The in-game music on the main interface is good, but after over a hundred (?) games it does tend to get repetitive and I usually wind up turning it off. Perhaps a new set of music for the various ages for the expansion would be a nice addition, although that has not been on the menu for previous Civ expansions.
              "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

More music's always good, but another good thing is that you dump files into the respective folders, and the game will play them. Throw some music from other games into the Civ4 soundtrack folders, and you can easily double the amount of music.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Yes, I understand that we can import our own music easily. The same effect can be had by turning off the ingame music and playing mp3's or a stereo without modding my game and making me incompatible for multiplayer.

What I would hope to see in the expansion would be more original and/ or selected music to fit the various eras of the game. I really do like the music that they have in the original Civ 4 (except the modern era music- blech) and would like the same crew to give us some more goodness in the expansion.

Tony Soprano

Comment

While I think Civ4 has the best music of all the civs, I did get tired of it fairly quickly. I've gotten past that by downloading some Native American music and popping in some appropriate movie soundtracks (ie. Some of the music from Gladiator fits very nicely with the mood of the game) and yes, the old Civ2 music. I can tolerate the Civ4 music again as part of the above mixture.

Comment

Thanks for bringing this up, I'm now listening to the tracks from the game, as well as adding my own.

I have a CD of Russian Communist symphonies and such, so it gives me a very strong feeling of power as I send I play the game. It's also fun adding modern music in, a little of Rammstein and maybe even, dare I say, Marilyn Manson.
                      Frieden, Land, Brot und Demokratie.

Comment

I'd like to add some Rise of Nations music for the classical age period... gotta see how RoN stores it music. And you can definitely find music that fits the Civ style - for Medieval, choral music, Christian stuff, for Renaissance, more classical music, etc.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I like to add star wars music. Crushing my enemies with the "DUM DUM DUM, DUM DUM DUM, DUM DUM DUM..." Is always exhilirating.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerh9e1k5
                            I like to add star wars music. Crushing my enemies with the "DUM DUM DUM, DUM DUM DUM, DUM DUM DUM..." Is always exhilirating.
                            I think I prefer the music from Gladior that goes "DUM DUM DUM DUM, DUM DUM DUM, DUM DUM de DUM.." God, I love that tune!

Tony Soprano

Comment

What, so none of you put Whitesnake, Journey, Night Ranger and Asia tunes in your Civ 4 folder?

Comment

Working...
                              X