Alphabet and the Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alphabet and the Patch

I am playing my first game since patch 1.61. What has been odd is that so far none of the 5 AI's that I am in contact with has gone for Alphabet. This has been a great help for me as I have refused to give it to anyone while I wheel and deal the other techs. I was wondering if anyone noticed a reluctance on the part of the AI to research alphabet?

This is not exactly new; the AI always seems to be reluctant to research Alphabet.
    Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

Yeah, pre patch the only other one who went for Alphabet was Musa. (Not sure how Musa is post-patch)

But anyway, this is a strategy I always use, get Alphabet as fast as I can and then I have a monopoly on technology trading for a while.

Comment

Maybe I have ended up trading it away sooner in early games. In my current game, Mansa has got to Theology and founded Christianity but still not shown any interest in alphabet. More of the AI's really should be scripted to look into alphabet. Right now, they have no idea what I am writing in this forum......

Comment

Well I don't think they'd figure out English from Alphabet.

Comment

really qwerty? such an ironic handle you have.

Comment

He does not have the "y" in his nick for some reason.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

???

I don't get it?

Comment

qwerty is the name people give to keyboards that start with the keys qwerty.
                  You obviously only have qwert without the y.
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Qwertqwert
                    Yeah, pre patch the only other one who went for Alphabet was Musa. (Not sure how Musa is post-patch)
                    This is so he can race straight for your door and start pestering you to give him techs - turn after turn - all game long.
                    "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

So if you have Alphabet you can trade techs with someone that DOESN'T have Alphabet?

I thought both sides had to have it.

Tom P.

Comment

No only one side has to have it.

Comment

Same with trading maps.
                          "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Working...
                          X