High detailed terrain option? New?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High detailed terrain option? New?

Ok in the graphics tab there's a new option... what's it do... I clicked it, as my GC is a monster that wants more fed to it, but I'm not seeing any huge difference.

Anyone know about this new option we got?

The tool tip says it should give a more detailed terrain, if it doesn't I'd think it's broken?
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Well I compared it and then took screenshots to compare- I see no difference. Is this ANOTHER expansion pack feature they "accidentally" left in the patch but deactivated?

Comment

I think the "highly detailed terrain" basically means that you get to see the terrain animations at all zoom levels below the clouds.
        Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

High Detailed terrain is what the game was released with. Unchecked is for lower graphic cards.
          "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by Swissy
            High Detailed terrain is what the game was released with. Unchecked is for lower graphic cards.
            Originally posted by dearmad
            Is this ANOTHER expansion pack feature they "accidentally" left in the patch but deactivated?

I'm confused. Which one should I pick up?

RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Check high detailed. Unless you are eating and don't want to mess up your keyboard, then check Sid Vicious Tips Pop-Ups!

Comment

I didnt' notice a difference with the new high-detailed terrain either. I wonder if Solver or one of the other betas could clear this up for us?
                http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Solver never clears anything up. He just posts obfuscating info about stuff he's not allowed to say. Then when we all get our hands on something he posts infgo we already know! It's frustrating.

Go AWAY SOLVER!

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                    I didnt' notice a difference with the new high-detailed terrain either. I wonder if Solver or one of the other betas could clear this up for us?
                    I believe it is exactly what Swissy said. It's the default. Unchecking it gets better results for lower end cards.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

go with Blue Marble
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                      X