One civ will trad, another can't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One civ will trad, another can't

Lizzie (in disguise) says she can't trade Replaceable Parts), but Asoka is willing to trade the same tech.

I expect there is a straightforward explanation, but I can't think what it is.

RJM at Sleeper's
    Last edited by rjmatsleepers; April 22, 2006, 11:08.
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

There is: Liz is a beeyotch.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
      There is: Liz is a beeyotch.
      That's not a very nice thing to say about my favourite leader. And I can't believe Lizzie having a bad hair day is coded into the XML.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Re: One civ will trade, another can't

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers

Lizzie (in disguise) says she can't trade Replaceable Parts), but Asoka is willing to trade the same tech.

I expect there is a straightforward explanation, but I can't think what it is.

RJM at Sleeper's
        I believe it's because Elizebeth reachearched it herself and just got it that turn.

Comment

How are your diplomatic relations with Elizabeth as opposed to Asoka? Maybe Asoka is more friendly/more trusting toward you.
          Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ijuin
            How are your diplomatic relations with Elizabeth as opposed to Asoka? Maybe Asoka is more friendly/more trusting toward you.
            If the state of our diplomatic relations were the issue, I would expect it to be in the won't trade category (as it is with Jules).

Qwertqwert suggested it may be that Lizzie has just learned the tech. This is plausible, but if so I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Usually that happens, when I have traded prerequisite tech from someone. Wait a turn and it's available. Or not, because the AI is a cheap bastard.
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                Usually that happens, when I have traded prerequisite tech from someone. Wait a turn and it's available. Or not, because the AI is a cheap bastard.
                If I had just traded the pre-requisites for the technology, surely all civs would be saying "can't trade" whereas I had 1 civ saying can't trade, 1 saying won't trade and the 3rd saying will trade.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

If you don't have the prerequisits it won't show, I am certian of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwertqwert
                    If you don't have the prerequisits it won't show, I am certian of that.
                    In this case, I did have the pre-requisites, so it showed with all three cics I was in contact with. Your suggestion that Lizzie had traded for the tech that turn seems the most likely reason offered so far, although if this is the case I'm surprised i haven't seen it before.

The only other factor i can think of is that I made a few changes with Worldbuilder and then saved as a scenario. I can't think why this would make a difference, but perhaps ...

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Sometimes it seems like an AI who's planning to attack someone soon won't trade away key millitary techs at all to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Yosho
                        Sometimes it seems like an AI who's planning to attack someone soon won't trade away key millitary techs at all to anyone.
                        Yes, but in this case, the odd one is "can't trade" rather than "won't trade".

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Working...
                        X