25.93%
    No
    64.81%
    Waiting to locate bananas, then move
    9.26%
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

I have moved my capitol a few times.

There are 2 situations wich justify moving it.

The capital have a poor location in regard to the distance from palace upkeep. If on the edge of a peninsula for example.
    In regard to distance from palace upkeep, it is best to move it early. When you have all prereq. for forbidden palace, it is better to build that instead of moving the palace, if youre reasons for moving is purely a matter of upkeep reduction.
    Keep in mind that you can choose to run State property sometime, and that you should IMO, if you have a large empire with alot of distance from palace upkeep.

You plan to run bueracracy and have a city with much better commerce and/or production capeability, then moving the palace to that city can be a good move in the long run.
    Please include the Vikings in the Expansion :-)
    Disabling Creative Live Soundcard and use Onboard Sound = No more lock ups and restarts. I am reborn after I found out about this....and then it startet again.

Comment

Bureaucracy is a powerful civic coupled with a city that has founded a religion or two. In games where I have moved my capital it was to get the benefits of that civic in another city.

I'd also move the capital to get a more even spread in my empire between it, the Forbidden Palace, and Versailles (sp?) if I happen to build it. Also the FP and V can't be moved once built, should I happen to conquer an enemy civ I may move my capital to one of the central cities there again to offset any costs.

In all the games I have played I maybe moved my capital five or six times total and only when it made sense to do so.

See: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...64#post4383364

Comment

Originally posted by Silver14
        Bureaucracy is a powerful civic coupled with a city that has founded a religion or two. In games where I have moved my capital it was to get the benefits of that civic in another city.
        I dont see what a city, where religion is founded, has to do with bureacracy?

Holy shrines can earn you alot of gold, but Bureaucracy multiplies commerce, not gold.

About Holy shrine cities, this is where you should consider building all the gold multipliers....

market, grocer, bank, wallstreet.

Because it is often the city wich generates most gold.
        Please include the Vikings in the Expansion :-)
        Disabling Creative Live Soundcard and use Onboard Sound = No more lock ups and restarts. I am reborn after I found out about this....and then it startet again.

Comment

I've relocated my capital two or three times, always because my empire had developed in such a manner that the capital was off in a corner somewhere and I wanted to move it to a location where it would help reduce my upkeep costs.

I've sometimes decided not to move my capital to a more central location because I was running Bureaucracy and wanted to keep getting the bonus in the city my capital started in.

Comment

No, actually.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

No.
              "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
              Check out my Blog!

Comment

Once, from a GP farm capital to a science city, shortly after adapting bureaucracy. Gave a pretty big boost to science, plus it was in a better location maintenance-wise.

Comment

Several times. Including during my first Emperor win.

Comment

Nope, never have. It's just very rare that another city ever surpasses my capitol in commerce and production; my capital tends to always have more people, more buildings, and more towns then newer cities, so I tend to keep my capital there.

Comment

No. Usually by the time it would make sense to do so I can run state property and remove the need.

Comment

once. i think it's pretty rare that this is a worthwhile tactic. but occasioanlly it is (for the various reasons already mentioned) and u shouldn't be afraid to do it.

Comment

I did by accident once.

Comment

i did once because i didn't realize what i was doing. then, i moved it right back.
                            It is your concern when your neighbor's wall is on fire.

Comment

I moved mine early once to an expansion city that I was forced to build close to an AIs capitol. Helped keep the culture at bay early on. By the end of the game both my new capitol and the AI capitol were legendary cultures. It ended up being a good move.

Comment

Working...
                              X