X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic Civ?

Hi!

I apologize if this is the incorrect forum, but is there
    any good mod that mades Civ actually halfway realistic?

For example, I cant nuke my own territory? Whats up with that?
    In the real world, we would not hesitate to drop a nuke
    on our own country if we were so threatened. I should
    be able to drop a nuke whereever I want.

Also, can the UN be made available if no diplomatic victory is set?
    Why shouldnt I be able to force everyone into various treaties? Just
    remove the election option to remove the diplo victory.

I appreciate any information you could pass on. Even if
    it's simply possible to mod the game in this way, I'd like
    to know before I dig in

Thanks!

- Exp

If you could fire nukes at your own territory, what would prevent you from exploiting this to damage your allies? You'd have to figure out how to code the AI so they would react appropriately to the player 'accidentally' damaging his territory - would it be the same as a war declaration, or just a relations hit? Would it matter to the AI whether the tiles being effected were being worked at that time or not, etc....it raises a lot of complications that are unnecessary in a game as abstract as CivIV.

Comment

It's certainly possible to make the UN available without making diplomatic victories available, and you can do it by messing around with the right XML file.
      Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

To make Civ more "realistic" (and also level the playing field re the AI):
        Activate Units Auto-Promote (in game options)
        Turn on the City Governor and LEAVE it on -- you can direct priorities, but cannot directly place workers.

Yes, losing that much control over the game would make it a bit more abstract ....

Comment

First thing, can we make a game take 6000 years instead of a few hours?
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Well, the game should end after the first turn, since all the leaders would have died of old age few centuries earlier...
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
              First thing, can we make a game take 6000 years instead of a few hours?
              Play a demo game, those come as close as it gets.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I had a good idea to make the game more realistic. Decrease the cost of military units by a factor of 50, multiply their movement rate by 20, and make them only last one turn. That way in the early game you could have wars that lasted only one turn - you build as many units as you can in that turn with the production available (a city that could build a warrior in 5 turns could build ten in one turn), then use them to atack any enemy cities within range. Those that survive the turn act as your defending units for the next turn only, then you have to build new ones if you want an army.

You might want to increase the costs later in the game as the turns get shorter - a unit would be slower and last several turns when it's 1 year per turn, but cost much more, and smaller cities might take more than one turn to mobilize a full unit.

Comment

Working...
                X