Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are resources supposed to be more abundant in 1.61?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are resources supposed to be more abundant in 1.61?

I played a game using the Fractal map (standard size, 7 opponents) and I noticed I had HUGE amounts of resource, and they were very clumpy. I had one city that had 5 elephants, marble, and rice within it's fat cross, and every city I founded had at least 3 special resources - in fact, I don't think it would have been possible to place a city on that map without it having at least 2 special resources within it's fat cross.

I thought Fractal was supposed to be the same as the old continents map script, but this was crazy...I checked to make sure I hadn't accidentally used the SmartMap script I downloaded (which also gives crazy amounts of resources). Was this an intentional change or a mistake?

I haven't played that map script, but I certainly haven't seen this so far with the ones I have played.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I'm presently playing on such a map and didn't find resources to be overly abundant nor unusually clumped. It was just one big snakey continent.

Comment

Fractel is listed as being a totaly unpredictable map. My guess is alot of randomization in the script to counter those who complained about getting maps that were way to similiar.
        "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

I've played a couple of games with fractal maps (standard size) and had no unusual clumping of resources so far.
          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

I have been playing a lot of tiny map pangea's and noticed that some times you get a lot of the same resource all over the map, usually stone or marble. One map had two marble within the fat cross of every civ and a lot of extras all over the place. Another map had lots of iron and no stone.

Comment

I created another fractal map of the same size, and this one had more normal amounts of resources. I guess the amount of resources is randomized.

Comment

Working...
              X