civ4 restarts my computer why pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ4 restarts my computer why pls help

can anyone tell me why civ4 keeps restarting my computer at diffrent times can be 5 min's in to the game or 3 hours but once it restarts my cmputer it happens everytime so then i have to start a new game then it all starts again. plseaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Re: civ4 restarts my computer why pls help

Originally posted by terry_bozz
    can anyone tell me why civ4 keeps restarting my computer at diffrent times can be 5 min's in to the game or 3 hours but once it restarts my cmputer it happens everytime
    Strange. It only happens playing Civ IV or any other game that use 3D graphics? (e.g. not Windows Solitaire)

It seems to me a problem with hw that become too hot and restart the system (again and again until you use less intensive CPU / GPU software). It could also be a trouble with memory chip, that happens when you try to use a fault part, but it seems less credible that after a reset the memory use access the same chip cell looping endless.

Try http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php for free, and check if any temperature trouble arise during the game.
    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

One thing you should bear in mind is that, with most modern Windows computers set to restart automatically in the event of a system error, it could just as easily be a problem with drivers.

Obviously, also make sure you have updated your Civ 4 installation to the latest version.
      O'Neill: I'm telling you Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it.

Lose it. It means, Go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WACKO!

Comment

Hi, configuration of your machine and settings of the game, if you please.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
        X