AI's that want to win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI's that want to win?

Are there any AI's that are so obsessed with winning they won't vote for you in the UN elections even if you are on friendly terms with them?

It happens. You can't always cout on your friends voting for you. Sometimes they vote for you as the secretary general, but then vote against the diplomatic victory.

Also, they'll never vote for you if they can vote for themselves.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Happened sooo often... last game I needed just another 35 Votes for the win, was first in points, UN Chairman (everyone except Monty being second voted for me) but when I went for Diplo Victory Catherine abstained. Every Time.
      I was on Friendly with her, 11+ on the diplo overview. I tried everything, gave her techs for free, ressources for free, hell we went through a 600 Year-War Monty declared on her together.

No Chance. Ended up invading Monty to get the last votes.

Catherine's a B**ch

Comment

Yes, and she's damn sly, too.

Comment

Happened to me in the last game I finished.

I was everyone's best buddy, my last war with the AIs ages ago, giving them good value in trade.

Once I built the U.N>, though, you'd have thought I was a Sith lord, since only one of six remaining A.I.s wanted to vote me for Secretary General and no one voted for me for a Diplo victory (Fortunately Cupac didn't have enough votes to get to the threshold of victory).

I finally managed to eek out a Space Race Victory instead.

Comment

Ceaser....

Appearentally, no one else has this problem, but Ceaser is always an ******* to me. He declared war on me when there was +8 and no -'s on relation. Completly unprovoked.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
              It happens. You can't always cout on your friends voting for you. Sometimes they vote for you as the secretary general, but then vote against the diplomatic victory.

Also, they'll never vote for you if they can vote for themselves.
              I do wonder, though, how the vassal system will work with that in the expansion, this summer. If one of your vassals is the other candidate for SG, will they vote for themselves? *Can* they?

Comment

Unlikely a "vassal" would still be that if they were second in population. If so, you should already have won a dominance victory.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I'm annoyed with Caesar. He's always demanding free techs, and declaring war on me randomly. I've never been able to rely on him as an ally in any of the games he's been in. He's only allied with me once, and that was because an enemy of mine attacked him for no reason and we were at war together.
                  Last edited by axisworks; May 12, 2006, 17:14.

Comment

You can't blame the guy - you'd act that way too if you had praetorians (I know I do )
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

On a similar topic,.

Is there any way to tell how many votes everyone has before the actual vote?

Comment

Working...
                      X