Worst Starting Position Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Starting Position Ever

I was playing a game tonight, and a few turns in I found the Arabs near by. The next turn I found the Inca's too. When I got writting and open borders with the Arabs I almost fell over laughing. The inca's had started on the tip of a tiny pennisula, only 3 squares away from the Arabs. From turn one, they would have been locked on the pennisula, and they would have to wait until the Arabs got writing and started open borders before they could even start exploring. Of course any of us would have immediately gone to war and would probably have taken Mecca easily, but these two were best of friends when I met them, so never any wars.

Has anyone seen such a hopeless starting position?

BTW, I don't like watching people suffer so I put the Inca's out of their misery.

Ze Ace
    Attached Files

Well, I've seen AI civs starting somewhere around the northpole and getting closed in early, but this definitely the worst I've seen. Poor Inca's.

Comment

The worst spot I ever saw an ai get was right next to my starting quecha. They moved the settler nortwest to grab a goodie hut after I had moved nort towards it. Their two warrior went exploring in other directions. I took the settler on turn two! That was all for them (though I did have to still kill the two warriors!) Gotta love getting a free worker on the second turn of the game!

Comment

I would have stormed Mecca in the first few turns, but then I'm a human.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

BTW, just after I took this city, the culture of Mecca completely surrounded it. Then the Arabs cancelled open borders because I had attacked their friend. Even after the resistance was over it had no squares to work so it quickly shrank and then culture converted to the Arabs.

Oh well, I didn't really want a crappy city on the end of a pennisula anyway.

Ze Ace

Comment

I've heard of someone starting inside a mountain range.
            "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
            "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
            Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

I pretty sure I've started on a 2-3 tile island a few times.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Why didn't the Inca's just restart? :confuesd: we would!
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

In the game I'm currently playing, the Mongols started on a one square island, with no resorses at all.
                  Hehe....burr.

Looshkin's Lair

Comment

Thats pretty bad
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                      Why didn't the Inca's just restart? :confuesd: we would!
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                      X