Tech race question.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech race question.......

How can you tell if you are behind in the tech race and if so, by how much?

I mean, I know it is obvious if you are rolling swordsmen into battle against infantry but, how can you tell just how far behind you are?

The one way I am trying to do that is by going to the trade screen to see what techs the AIs have. Is that the best way?

That's how I do it.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

You could go into World Builder and plant spies in the other civs cities. Then return to your game, spy in the cities and see what they are researching. Some people would call this cheating. I do not. I call it a research tool or friendly information sharing.

Comment

Is there not a graph for research in the Demographics?
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

As you mentioned, MrPhil, looking at the trade screen is best if you are just a little behind. It is deficient if you are further behind because it doesn't show the techs you couldn't possibly get because you don't have the prerequisites.

In my current game, I am doing OK otherwise but have fallen woefully behind in tech because of an early war. I am trying to see if I can dig my way out. Anyway, in this situation - I have been looking at the units I can see, messages about wonders being completed, civics being switched to, and the firsts (like liberalism, religions) to get a feel for just how far behind I am. Which is very - but I'm catching up a little.
          Last edited by Forwarn45; April 12, 2006, 19:59.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys.

When I started this game, I was on my own in this vast area of a continent connected to the rest of the land by a small land bridge if you will. I decided to plant my 2nd city there to block off the whole area for colonization. This 2nd city was pretty far away from my starting point so that hurt a little. I screwed up the order a little of my initial research, leaving the wheel a little too long and restricting my growth.

I have pulled out of the slump (was down to 20% research at one point) and am bak up to 70 or 80% reserach and in 3rd place in the points.

It is like 1300 AD, so we shall see if I have enough time to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
              Is there not a graph for research in the Demographics?
              It was in the mod, that was included in the 1.52 patch, though for some reason they removed it
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

It was in the mod, that was included in the 1.52 patch, though for some reason they removed it
                Really? Well that sucks.......

Comment

Working...
                X