The 60 hz miracle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 60 hz miracle

I had given up on the wonder movies, when I came across a post in a board wich said that setting the refresh rate to 60hz would help, so I tried that, and it worked, actually it made the movies go from very jerky to (almost) flawless (on a MSI geforce 5200!).
    Something odd is going in there, I never found a game that behaved like this, on pre-rendered movies.
    And since I have a LCD, I won't need to worry about flicker anyway...

The 5200FX is rather weak for playing the game.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      Or any new game, but it is a poor workman that blames his tools.

Maybe they should have listed the exact system specs of the designers computers so we all could have had a working game from day one....unless of course you received the corrupted disk in your collectors edition preorder.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        Maybe, but it looks like the only thing that matters is having your monitor on a 60hz refresh rate, that's odd...

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat
          Or any new game, but it is a poor workman that blames his tools.
          I am not sure about that. I would like to see you saw a piece of wood with a hammer.

Sometimes, when you don't have the proper tools, you can't do a proper job.
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by PVicente
            Maybe, but it looks like the only thing that matters is having your monitor on a 60hz refresh rate, that's odd...
            Reducing the refresh rate makes the card work less hard.

Comment

Working...
            X