• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can I do a war pact?

tewy

ari if u know please tell me

Comment

Once you have Nationalism, you can sign a Defense Pact with a nation that likes you enough. In a Defense Pact, if either of you is attacked, both of you go to war against the aggressor, BUT if you or your Pact partner is the aggressor, then the other will not join the war.

If you want a nation to join a specific war with you, once you have Writing (I think), you can select the "declare war on X" deal in the diplomacy screen. They may ask you for payment (gold, tech, etc.) in exchange for joining your war.
      Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

More notes about defensive pacts:

1. They are one shot deals, it immedaely cancels upon being activated.

2. It does not chain. (A & B and B & C have pacts, but not A & C) D declares war on A. B autodeclares war on A. All of B's defensive pacts auto-canceled. Results: A & B at war with D. C at peace.

3. However, since the AI has to like you in order to sign a defensive pact to begin with, if you have a tech lead, you can probably get that civ to join the war.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Be carefull when accepting an AI's request for you to join a war though, often the AI signs peace the next turn, leaving you with all the trouble
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
          X