UNIK upgrade SHORTCUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNIK upgrade SHORTCUT

Is there a "smart" way to upgrade units.
    I jump in and out of cities and it takes a hell og a time
    In multi/blazing its impossible if you have massive armies

Help me with the "easy" way out, that i did not find.
    Hmm........Is this a good idear ?

Hold the "alt" key and click on the upgrade button for one unit. This upgrades all the units of that type (if you have the cash).

You don't need to go into the city screen, just click once on the tile to select the top unit - although you then have to mess around selecting the exact unit you want.

If you have units of the same type grouped, say four knights, then you can select the group and upgrade all four with one click on the upgrade button.
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

You don't need to be in a city to upgrade, it can now be done anywhere within your cultural border.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
        You don't need to be in a city to upgrade, it can now be done anywhere within your cultural border.
        Really?
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva Really?
          Yup, really. Upgraded some warriors to Axes while they were sitting on a forested hill clearing the fog and watching out for barbs. Uses up their movement for that turn, but definitely possible.

Could NOT upgrade the ones on the hill right next to them, as they weren't in my cultural boundaries.

smacfan

Comment

Yes, and that's a wonderous advantage. Yesterday, I upgraded my Warrior guarding my copper mine to an Axeman just as those barb archers got to him. I suspect it increased that unit's odds of winning significantly!

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV
              Hold the "alt" key and click on the upgrade button for one unit. This upgrades all the units of that type (if you have the cash).
              Thanks man, thats exactly what i was after !

Hmm........Is this a good idear ?

Comment

I think the rule for upgrading has to also cover if the tile has access to the resource needed to build. A warrior on a road can upgrade to axes if you have copper but off the road and not next to a river that is connected will not allow an upgrade. Units that do not need resources don't have this problem.

Comment

I tried to upgrade a cavalry unit while on a transport in my cultural border waters but was not able to do so and had to unload it in port to upgrade. I don't know about other units.

Comment

Working...
                  X