No announcement yet.

Planning Domination from 4000 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far in all my games of Civ 4 I have yet to touch the culture slider. I don't know if I had any unhappy citizens (probably one or two in one city).
    "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Doesn't your maintenance go up a lot, when you take a lot of cities? That could be where your money went.
      You will soon feel the wrath of my myriad swordsmen!

Comment

It sure does. My surprise was that the cash flow recovered quickly before I could build courthouses in the captured cities. The theory that war weariness suddenly disappeared--restoring angry citizens to productive activities--makes sense but I don't think that's what happened in this case.

Last night as Japan I was liberating Aztec cities and found that the cash flow recovered rather quickly and in that game I have a large margin of happiness. Yes, I have cottages in various stages of development and--once the issue was no longer in doubt--I switched from military to economic production, but it still seemed quick.
        "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

I think the governor come under your control at some point and may start maximizing things you need, like wealth, even if you don't set it manually. If there's multi-commerce point resources around some of these, or something like that, they would then get worked and cash will start to pour in after "resistance" is over.
          You will soon feel the wrath of my myriad swordsmen!

Comment

Working...
          X