Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Civ4 run on this?

Inspiron 9400

Processor Intel ® Core™ Duo Processor T2400 (1.83 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB)
    Memory 1024MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2x512)
    Hard Drive 100GB IDE Hard Drive
    Graphics 256MB DDR ATI® MOBILITY™ RADEON® X1400 graphics card, PCI-Express x16
    Media Drive(s) Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with Software
    Sound SoundBlaster® Pro compatible voice and music sound card

The required specs call for a "Radeon 7500 or better" - does the X1400 qualify?

Yep. The X1400 is far better than 7500, it's in fact a good modern card with even shader 3 support.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

It's much better than mine, and I run large maps with no problem.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Ah good. Thanks

Comment

It´s a sweet setup you have there It must´ve cost you an arm and a leg
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Actually not too much, as I managed to get it through a special scheme (now withdrawn - I ordered just in time) that allowed you to buy or hire PCs tax-free.

Comment

nice indeed

Comment

Originally posted by iapetus556
                Actually not too much, as I managed to get it through a special scheme (now withdrawn - I ordered just in time) that allowed you to buy or hire PCs tax-free.
                So have you tried it yet?

Comment

Not yet, I'm afraid. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks more for the computer to arrive :|

Comment

You know what they say. Good thing come to those who wait...

Comment

Originally posted by iapetus556
                      As your local Tax Inspector - I think I should warn you, that anything you say on this site may be produced in court as evidence.
                      "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Harrier UK

As your local Tax Inspector - I think I should warn you, that anything you say on this site may be produced in court as evidence.
                        Oh, don't worry - its completely legal. (It was part of a government scheme to encourage more people to get computers. It was withdrawn in the latest budget because it was costing the Treasury too much, although the Chancellor allowed an extra week for "last orders").

Comment

I still don't get why I have problems with huge maps and to a lesser extent even standard size maps. The game really bogs down mainly when the maps start being explored more then anything. If I refrain from exploring or trading maps the game always seems to run better longer. It takes longer at the end of one turn to the next then it does to play some turns if some of the map is explored or more. I play on marathon mode so games take awhile but it is how I prefer it.

I have a 3.06 800 bus CPU, Radeon X800 256m video card and 2.5 gigs of ram.

I hope that the next patch will fix it. Lowering the graphics resolution and settings down doesn't seem to matter. The whole system should be able to handle the game better. Other games including Oblivion are fine.

With or without the blue marble mod doesn't seem to matter.

Comment

That should be enough for large and maybe huge maps. My own athlon +2800, 1Gb RAM, ATI 9800 128Mb Pro starts to slow down in large maps in the late game.

Comment

Working...
                            X