No announcement yet.

Desert War Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It´s fairly accurate, historically. Apart from the fact that the italians don´t suck in this scenario
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Let me just point out (since your very early in the scenario) that the US is giving you no help. Historically, as the poms had to do in 1942, you have to hold out and wait for the US to receive a couple of events enabling them to participate in the war.

At the start of the scenario, the US cannot build ships, so cannot help you out.

Dale

Comment

Dis, unbalanced in favour of the Axis? Come on, the UK is by far the easiest civ to play with.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I think I screwed up my DW as well...

I played as Eisenhower, and took over spain (), but I CAN'T BUILD A FREAKING TRANSPORT SHIP. I mean, I have fifty units in Spain ready to attack, and the German Jukers and bombing the hell out of me.

Is something wrong with it?

Comment

You can't build transports as USA until after the Operation Torch event. Can't remember the date of it though.

Comment

November 8th 1942 IIRC.
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

How much easier can it be than wining as the Axis (Rommel) in early 1942 - have to wait and hold objectives for 10 turns, I guess. What is with the USA having Cairo and Gibralter? As Monty I found that the Italians first suicide assault and then Rommel lands and does the same thing - he lasted about 3 turns after contact. Not much of a challenge. Biggest challenge I have had yet as Monty is the Americans and Free French destroying all the roads and rails in enemy territory so I can't use them after I take an Italian city to bring up reinforcements or redeploy. The Germans build a lot of battleships and no planes hardly at all. Why? This is one of the worst excuses of a scenario that I have seen. WWII planes show up as stealth bombers and fighters! At least artillery serves as anti-tank weaponry against heavy tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                  It´s fairly accurate, historically. Apart from the fact that the italians don´t suck in this scenario
                  exactly my point. Italy should suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                    November 8th 1942 IIRC.
                    damn, I could have swore it was in the summer. I'm a little rusty in my history. I have to wait 5 more months.

Comment

Originally posted by Older than Dirt
                      How much easier can it be than wining as the Axis (Rommel) in early 1942 - have to wait and hold objectives for 10 turns, I guess. What is with the USA having Cairo and Gibralter? As Monty I found that the Italians first suicide assault and then Rommel lands and does the same thing - he lasted about 3 turns after contact. Not much of a challenge. Biggest challenge I have had yet as Monty is the Americans and Free French destroying all the roads and rails in enemy territory so I can't use them after I take an Italian city to bring up reinforcements or redeploy. The Germans build a lot of battleships and no planes hardly at all. Why? This is one of the worst excuses of a scenario that I have seen. WWII planes show up as stealth bombers and fighters! At least artillery serves as anti-tank weaponry against heavy tanks.
                      This thread has a graphics fix for the desert war scenario.

Should have been fixed in a patch, but oh well.

And artillery (especially the vichy french) is surprisingly effective against my tanks. .

And the germans in my game are building some planes. But it's the Italians who built the aircraft carriers and planes. They keep destroying my farms.

Comment

Working...
                      X