Red coats vs. Infantry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red coats vs. Infantry

Should you upgrade to infantry when you've access to the Red coats?

I played a game recently where I was very far ahead in Science by mid-game (on Prince), and I was in process of building an army to trim back a neighbour or two.

While I had cannons, cavalry and was filling out some RC's, I was teching my way through steam power etc and wasn't sure if I should continue that route.

the others were just making it to cavalry/rifleman, and I was ready to push for tanks.

I launched my war after making some infantry and found that the infantry were getting killed quickly when in the field, while the red coats were racking up the XP.

are the Redcoats just that much more deadly against Cav. and gunpowder units (grenadiers and riflemen) vs. Infantry (who have a higher base number?)

Redcoats and Infantry without promotions are the same vs cavalry with Infantry way ahead vs gunpowder. Infantry's higher base value will mean that they are stronger when promoted.

If they're getting killed more often than Redcoats it's probably because the AI uses its best units against them, whereas your Redcoats come up against weaker opposition and so win more often.

Comment

Working...
    X