X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From today's New York Times

Saw this on the front page of nytimes.com today and couldn't resist:
    Attached Files

Wow, that last sentence looks like something out of Civ IV...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I'm sure it's only a funny coincidence...
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

yeah the nytimes always uses photoshopped pictures in their articles.

Comment

Oops. I thought the photoshopping part was so obvious and unsubtle that it was implied and didn't bear mentioning. My bad. The original photo's not up at the site anymore and I can't actually remember what it said, but it finished with something like "...before attending the conference."

Seeing the Chichen Itza in the background simply made me think of civ.

Comment

and I don't agree with the Chichen Itza bonus. If they were harder to conquer, why aren't they still around?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
              and I don't agree with the Chichen Itza bonus. If they were harder to conquer, why aren't they still around?
              Because even with 25% city bonus, their 5Str Jags could not stack up against Conquistadors with their 50% bonus vs Melee, making them net 15Str units?

Just a thought. (Maybe Monty should have put more in to beakers. Also, it would have helped them to found one of the major religions. Not even a spiritual leader can run Theocracy without at least one major religion present. So their units were missing out on +2XP, while the Spanish most certainly were not. Monty just wasn't ready for Emperor difficulty.)

- Sirian

Comment

Originally posted by Sirian

Because even with 25% city bonus, their 5Str Jags could not stack up against Conquistadors with their 50% bonus vs Melee, making them net 15Str units?

Just a thought. (Maybe Monty should have put more in to beakers. Also, it would have helped them to found one of the major religions. Not even a spiritual leader can run Theocracy without at least one major religion present. So their units were missing out on +2XP, while the Spanish most certainly were not. Monty just wasn't ready for Emperor difficulty.)

- Sirian
                Oops!

Someone just confused Aztecs with Mayans
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Ari
                  Oops. I thought the photoshopping part was so obvious and unsubtle that it was implied and didn't bear mentioning. My bad. The original photo's not up at the site anymore and I can't actually remember what it said, but it finished with something like "...before attending the conference."

Seeing the Chichen Itza in the background simply made me think of civ.
                  What?? You mean it isn´t an actual article

Comment

I've seen Saladin running Theocracy without a single religion present. Very annoying too as I it meant I couldn't spread my religion to him, a sort of weird enforced free religion.
                    www.neo-geo.com

Comment

That picture may not have been photoshopped. Listening to the news, I do know that they were staying in Cancun and visited Chichen Itza. Not saying it isn't photoshopped - but there is evidence that it might not be.
                      Early to rise, Early to bed.
                      Makes you healthy and socially dead.

Comment

Good Ol' GW - Open Borders for Cows
                        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

No, it was cows for iron.

Sloppy reading

Comment

oh right - so GW and his Texan tribe is now able to wander all through Mexico, and they do not need to go through quarantine?
                            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by The keeper
                              That picture may not have been photoshopped. Listening to the news, I do know that they were staying in Cancun and visited Chichen Itza. Not saying it isn't photoshopped - but there is evidence that it might not be.
                              Noone has said that the picture was photoshopped.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                              X