Growing forests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing forests

I've noticed that it only takes two side by side forest tiles to generate another nearby, whereas I've never seen an isolated forest tile spawn another; so for players who like to chop, it might be a good idea to leave pairs of forests near terrain you do not plan to improve for awhile, since the odds are good of getting a few more free chops a bit later when new forests grow. Leaving two forests per city has worked well for me in my own games.

Forests are for hippies.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
      Forests are for hippies.
      And incense .
      www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Tree Huggers.
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Thanks for the hint, it might be very useful!

Off-topic question: How many forests do I need to have and how close to a city to receive the forest health bonus?

Comment

Originally posted by johnmcd

Originally posted by LordShiva
            Forests are for hippies.

And incense .
            Forests are for incense? That doesn´t make any cense at all...
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid

Forests are for incense? That doesn´t make any cense at all...
              Goddamn drug addled hippie.
              www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Re: Growing forests

Originally posted by solo
                I've noticed that it only takes two side by side forest tiles to generate another nearby

Yes, it takes a mommy forest and a daddy forest to bring another forest into the world!

Comment

Originally posted by stevesk
                  Thanks for the hint, it might be very useful!

Off-topic question: How many forests do I need to have and how close to a city to receive the forest health bonus?
                  Each forest is worth .5 health, so 2 forests are needed to boost the health level by one. They must be inside the fat x of the city in order to count.

Comment

Re: Re: Growing forests

Originally posted by Son of David
                    Yes, it takes a mommy forest and a daddy forest to bring another forest into the world!
                    Gets my vote for the best frivolous post!

Comment

Each forest is worth .5 health, so 2 forests are needed to boost the health level by one. They must be inside the fat x of the city in order to count.
                      Thanks for the answer!

LOL

Comment

Actually, I have seen a single isolated forest tile grow a new forest next to it. Must have been asexual repoduction such as bilateral fission, budding, or perhaps spontaneous generation.

More likely it was a case of a poor downtrodden single-parent minority forest defying the odds of an oppressive society and bravely raising a young forest despite all of the other innocent forests being chopped down to rush build evil, capitalist, polluting buildings for filthy HUMANS to use to further despoil the pristine earth.

Death to the humans!!

Long live the squirrels, spotted owls, rare Peruvian flying chipmunks, and red one-armed angry smilies!!

Can a baby forest have two mommies?
                        "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Hmm, the plot thickens!

I demand some proof of this, of course!

Comment

Sorry only anecdotal evidence here of the single forest reproducing. It does not happen very often, though there is probably code that increases the chances of new growth based on how many adjacent tiles are already forested.

BTW only a heartless capitalist would be so obnoxious to ask for PROOF or LOGIC in order to advance an argument. Just knowing in your heart that you are right and your opponent is EEEEEEvil should be compelling enough!!
                            "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Originally posted by solo
                              Hmm, the plot thickens!

I demand some proof of this, of course!
                              Is that the plot of land that you planted the new saplings.
                              "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Working...
                              X