Auto Develop Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Develop Cities

hi, Im in the middle of a big war with the persians, and I have a lot of cities in my civ.... is there any way of setting the cities/workers to auto-develop itself without me manually doing it?

cheers for the help

1) Workers - there is a buton/option for them to develop the nearest city (but some of their choices can be a bit wierd )

Citys - Not to my knowledge, apart from using the building queue and lining up the buildings you want.
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Well you can set the city administrators. Not a good idea IMO.

BTW if you have so many cities that you want to automate their development maybe its time to stop for awhile. Having too many cities makes your maintenance fees balloon. You're better off developing them so they contribute to your empire.

Then resume the attack.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

and if you're in a war you'd want them to develop soldiers. Although there may be a way to have them build only military units.

semi-related question: Is there a way to continue building the same unit over and over without having to manually select it in the popup menu? Civ2 and smac had a feature that just kept the city building unit after unit until you changed it. That was nice.

Comment

Alt-Click a unit in the order-menu will give it a star/askerix in the build queue.
          The city will cycle through the alt-clicked units so that when one is built, it is put at the bottom of the list.
          If you Alt-Click only one type of unit, the city will produce only that kind until you cancel it.
          "He [Caligula] has no more chance of becoming Emperor than of riding a horse across the Gulf of Baiae" - contemporary astrologer

Comment

There are two buttons in options you have to check to limit the damage autoworkers will do:

1) leave prior improvements alone; and

2) leave forests.

Know that the AI autoworker will not build cottages next to water sources even though this is critical for success. It is strange to find the AI player's formers building such cottages even though the human player's autoworker will not.

I normally switch off the "leave forests" about the time I get to railroad, as the AI will have had time to build lumbermills on a significant number of forested squares which they will now leave unmolested due to the presence of an improvement.

Finally, it is OK to set most of your worker to automatic from the get go if you keep several under control to place critical cottages and remove some forests, such those on plains next to rivers.

As to the "size" issue, this is necessary in many cases to get a great score. I have played games with 70+ cities and over 200 workers. Such a game would be a nightmare without autoforming.
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I get a kick out he the fact you refer to them as 'autoworkers'. How do they elect their shop steward?

Comment

The same way the real auto workers do -- by checking with the maf-ai first.

Whoops, I better set up a spell checker.

Comment

Working...
                X