No announcement yet.

Rules for building Hydro plants (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, the only real benefit a Coal Plant could provide over a Hydro Plant is if it manages to survive both the city's falling into enemy hands and its liberation by your forces
    O'Neill: I'm telling you Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it.

Lose it. It means, Go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WACKO!

Comment

Originally posted by phooey73
      All power plants provide "power" to your factory.

So for building, you get +25% from your forge, +25% from your factory, and +50% from power (if you also have a factory).

Without power you're operating at +50%. With power you've got +100%. So for ordinary building, power increases your hammers from 150% to 200%, a 33% increase.
      ----------------------------------------------------

Thanks Urban for answering my question. So, basically the city would have to have "fresh water" access, and specifically from a river. Those are the only cities that can build hydro. Is it the same rules for three gorges?
      Nope, power is an extra 25%, not 50%. This means with Forge/Factory/Power you get +75%.

Three Gorges Dam can be built in any city that can build a hydro plant. However, it supplies power to ALL cities on the continent even if they could not build hydro plants themselves.
      Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ijuin

Nope, power is an extra 25%, not 50%. This means with Forge/Factory/Power you get +75%.
        I've read the same thing in the manual, but the game says I'm getting +50% from power. I guess I can live with that.
        "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
        -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Count the hammers. Never trust the game manual, civilopedia, or politicians.

Comment

Well, I don't know if anyone else here is familiar with him, but I'm going to quote the old man (museum guide or whatever he is) from Railroad Tycoon II.

Introducing to the "Whistle stops and promises" scenario:
            I always said, the only thing that can spew more hot air than a pot-bellied steam engine is a pot-bellied politician.
            "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
            -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Working...
            X