Introducing the french-speaking civ community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing the french-speaking civ community

Some of you heard about us, some of you didn't. That's why I would like to introduce you the Civfr.com Sid Meier’ Civilization, French Speaking League.

Our forum was born in 2004 from the merging between two former french speaking communities. The new, united website started with about 800 registered members. Two years later, we are now almost 3500 members from France, Belgium, Switzerland and Canada. With all due respect to minor fan sites or webpages, Civfr has been for two years now the ultimate Civilization ressource center in french language.

Activity Report :

International meetings

“Clan Championship Cup”
    Three clans represent our community :
    LKT : "Legend Killers Team"
    MDR : "Mighty and Devilish Rushers"
    FUN

Our clans played 6 finals on 8 events during the twenty-seventh CCC and are ranked third (MDR) and fourth (LKT) and expect a better result on the next CCC.

“Civ4 European Champions'League”
    Four of our players represent our community in the european champion's league of Civ IV

Demogame : http://www.evo-games.net/Home/index.php?c=31
    Our team "The Batracos" is currently playing the final on Civ III Conquests and also discussing about a new demogame on Civ IV

Multi-player Ladder : Since its creation (03/19/2004), more than 3000 games on Civ III and more than 1300 on Civ IV were played in network.

PBEM Games :
    We currently have 28 active games on Civ III & IV

GOTM Games : Every month, we offer a scenario to all of our members, and a ranking of the best players is posted on the website.

Internal tournaments :

We also organise several internal tournaments in solo or multiplayer games (the French-speaking cup, the open-civilization solo...)

We're not satisfied to play Civ all day long, and...all night long also. Our scribes and academics searches on the web the best articles and tricks about Civ without a break.. For those who want to progress, our scholars propose a small series of exercises on Civ III & IV and their corrections.

The best games (solo or muliplayer) have right to their mediatic cover in our section Epics, where our members tell their victories, their vexations, their defeats.

Finally for those who wishe a moment of relaxation, the Tavern, open 24 hours a day, offers to everybofy a whole a space of discussion where the serious topics meet the sports results, the daily jokes and much more.

If you are an administrator or a webmaster of a forum or website about strategy games and wish to proceed an exchange of banners you may contact an administrator on http://www.civfr.com or send me a PM on this forum.

Well,since it is"French Speaking"I will go there.
    Best regards,

Comment

L'épée est l'axe du monde...

Bon chance in the ISDG!!
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

CCC 28 - march 24th/26th, 2006 - Civ 3 Conquests

Only one of our clans (LKT) played this CCC. FUN and MDR did not send any player. LKT finished on the third place with 23 points.

Follow the link below to see all details :

http://www.civfr.com/forums/index.ph...0&#entry205643

Comment

The twenty-ninth CCC will be played the next week-end. The french-speaking community will be represented by its three clans LKT, MDR and FUN of course. May the best win !

Comment

A good reason to learn how to read French...

Edit: Having looked at this thread in a different light the point that it really makes is these Frenchies can write perfect English yet just put everything in French to exclude us lot Ah, the old stereotypes are the best
            Last edited by kittenOFchaos; April 18, 2006, 14:26.

Comment

Yeah, an excellent example of French arrogance.

j/k
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

We (frog and snails eaters) enjoy good humor , and we appreciate above all, people who visit the leading French Civilization Web site
                Welcome

Comment

oh yes

come on little snails

Tboh

Comment

I can't speak French.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

CCC 29 - april 21th/23th, 2006 - Civ 4

Congrats to MDR which won with 37 points. LKT finished on the third place with 21 points and FUN 10th with 2 points.

Comment

Two new GOTM's are available on our website this month !

GOTM May 2006 Civ IV :

http://www.civfr.com/index.php?pid=144

GOTM May 2006 Civ III :

http://www.civfr.com/index.php?pid=142
                        Last edited by civfr; May 6, 2006, 06:27.

Comment

CCC 31 - June 3rd/4th, 2006 - Civilization 4

Two clans are on podium.MDR finished second with 37 points, LKT at third place with 22 points and FUN 6th with 7 points
                          Last edited by civfr; June 5, 2006, 03:56.

Comment

ìîæíî ïî-ðóññêèé?

sparky

Comment

To read that sparkyal, I think I need some addon to my computer's language pack and probably some heavy studying.

Comment

Working...
                              X