Red Cross question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Cross question

Red Cross is supposed to give a free Medic promotion to any unit built in that city. When I built a Mech Inf in the city it received both its usual March promotion and the free Medic promotion, as I figured it should. But, when I built a Modern Armor in that city it only got its usual Blitz promotion and no free Medic. Did I miss something here?

Other promotion question -
    Since the XP requirement for promotion increases as the unit level increases, how does free promotion effect subsequent promotion? I have Pentagon (+4XP) and a barracks (+2XP) and so build a unit with 6 XP at creation, giving 2 promotions (1 at 2 total XP and the other at 5 total XP) with the next promotion at 10 total XP. If a unit is awarded a free promotion, does the first earned promotion happen at 2 or 5 total XP?
    The (self-proclaimed) King of Parenthetical Comments.

Free promotion(from agressive trait)doesn't need or spend XP.
    Barracks give +4XP(the manual is wrong).
    Best regards,

Comment

It might be that the medic promotion can't be applied to an armor unit?
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Re: Red Cross question

Originally posted by patcon
        Red Cross is supposed to give a free Medic promotion to any unit built in that city. When I built a Mech Inf in the city it received both its usual March promotion and the free Medic promotion, as I figured it should. But, when I built a Modern Armor in that city it only got its usual Blitz promotion and no free Medic. Did I miss something here?
        Yes the Medic promotion is only possible for some types of units. Basicly not Armour, hasn't the game here and I don't recall excatly which. But build the Infantry in your Red Cross city and the Armour in your other unit producing city.
        Hasn't anything to do with the other freepromtion.

To get really many free promotions build SEAL units in your Red Cross city

Comment

As for free Medic for Red Cross, it is only given to units that can get the promotion from the normal promotion path.
          Air units, Armor, and and Modern Armor cannot get the Medic promotions. (They will keep it if given to them before an upgrade though I have had several medic gunships, that were upgraded from medic cavalery).
          Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
          Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
            It might be that the medic promotion can't be applied to an armor unit?
            But then the info for the Red Cross should have said which kinds of units that gets the promotion, not saying that all units gets the promotion
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
              But then the info for the Red Cross should have said which kinds of units that gets the promotion, not saying that all units gets the promotion
              That's just one of many cases where the wonder/improvement text is misleading, like +100% is stated as doubling, witch might be the case, but not if other bonuses apply.
              Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
              Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Working...
              X