Terraforming Desert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraforming Desert?

Can anybody here tell me what I need to modify in the XML files in order to allow terrain improvements on Desert?
    Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

I think it's in TerrainInfo.XML. IIRC there's a boolean value ALLOW_IMPROVEMENT or something like this.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

That's the funny thing--I changed that variable to say that farms should be allowed on deserts (I cut and paste from the grassland section to make sure that I did not mistype anything). However, in the game it still does not allow them to be built. What else do I have to do?
      Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ijuin
        That's the funny thing--I changed that variable to say that farms should be allowed on deserts (I cut and paste from the grassland section to make sure that I did not mistype anything). However, in the game it still does not allow them to be built. What else do I have to do?
        Okay, you also need to go to the TerrainImprovements.XML (something like that). Go to the farms section and add desert to the "terrain allowed" section.

BTW, you should put the modified XML files in the custom XML folder, under "MyGames\Sid Meier's Civilization 4".
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
        X