Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculative WW2 scenario located in Scandinavia, 1940.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculative WW2 scenario located in Scandinavia, 1940.

WW2 ends up being fought in the Scandinavia because French leadership gets a proper response to blitzkrieg, for one reason or another (I'm thinking about a new military staff and revision of doctrine in '39). Players: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, USSR, Finland, Great Britain, France, US.

I haven't even started yet, which is why this thread is in Civ4-General. (This should be moved to Civ4-Creation&Files when/if I'll release anything). Any interest?

Cheers for Greater Finland!
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I like it, although Sweden had the defensive capability of a small poodle against a pitbull!
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Said from a Swede that must be right. Norway OTOH. Oh wait...
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Actually the swedish PM at the time Per-Albin Hansson said in a famous speech that "our military preparedness is good" when in fact no border defence existed in the south of Sweden. Or anywhere else actually... The swedish military was extremly weak, probably the weakest in Europe. No tanks or aircraft (a few WW1 planes was the whole Swedish Airforce) and the navy was non-existant. The infantry was ill-equipped and lacking in almost every department. If the germans had wanted they´d taken Sweden in under three days...

Comment

Swedes: "We're neutral."
            Germans: "We're not." *invades*

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
              ... If the germans had wanted they´d taken Sweden in under three days...
              Yup, but that would have been enough to blow up the mine in Kiruna, and that would have taken more than a couple of days to fix leaving ,Germany without a supply of weapon grade iron ore.

Comment

Well, that would have been too bad.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Janbalk

Yup, but that would have been enough to blow up the mine in Kiruna, and that would have taken more than a couple of days to fix leaving ,Germany without a supply of weapon grade iron ore.
                  Tru, if they´d started from the south. But if they´d launched a sneak attack from Narvik with paratroopers they would´ve taken the mine fairly easy.

Comment

It would be very interesting to re-write that little bit of history. Can I, as Mannerheim, beat back the mighty USSR? Or do I team up with Norway and share Sweden between us? (You take all the land west from Vättern and we take all the land to the east.)
                    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Pah, such idle gossip from the Eastern parts of the Swedish empire

Comment

*Former* eastern part. Russians made sure of that.

Comment

Yes... Damn that Gustav IV

Comment

Stop spamming

Don't you guys have, like, a fjord to go hang out in or something?
                            Last edited by LordShiva; March 23, 2006, 22:15.
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Neither Finland nor Sweden have fjords, silly

Comment

Working...
                              X