• Show
Clear All

• Black Screen!?!

Hi!

I have a Laptop:
    AMD durion 1.8 Ghz
    ATI Mobility X700 128mb
    1 GB RAM

I played the game for more then 2 hours with no problems. I saved my game and went to sleep.

Next day when I woke up I loaded my save game and played for 2 minutes before the screen went black. The music from the game was still playing fine but I cant use any keyboard or windows command to leave or shut down.
    Im stuck with a black screen and Civ4 music. The only way to get the screen working is to shut down the power and restart the computer...

Ive got the latest Directx and ATI Catalyst Control Center 6.3 (latest driver).

I tried deleting my Cache and using the "PAK" program but the game played for 10 minutes and the, Black Screen..

Anybody please please please help.....

Sometimes searching through the forum will yield an answer faster...

Anyway I read somewhere that there's a problem with the lastest driver. Try reverting back.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Ive looked through 2 forums help section but havnt found anything being bad with the latest drivers

Comment

First post Locutus made here.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
        X