A good blend of players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good blend of players?

I just started one last and final game on warlord before moving to Noble. But one question before doing so, as I often play a diplo victory game, I need to form a voting bloc that gives me some possibility of achieving victory. I find, often playing as Bismark, that I form blocs that are fairly weak, 2/3 players that I get along with. I've also learned that I can't make more friends without jepordizing the 2/3 friendships I have. Also just because they don't have the aggressive trait doesn't mean they'll get along with peaceful civs. I.E. saladin/ Louis XIV/Catherine. So how do I know who will get along with who before starting a game so that I can setup an even blend of players. A list maybe?
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
    atrocities.
    - Voltaire

Originally posted by greenday_234
    So how do I know who will get along with who before starting a game so that I can setup an even blend of players. A list maybe?
    It seems to me that there's no set friendships in the game, it changes each time. Civs that hate each other in one game can be best of buddies in the next. At least I haven't seen any patterns. I think you'll just have to play it by ear and see how things unfold.

Comment

Broadly speaking, anybody who has a state religion different from yours will not like you very much unless you do nice things for them frequently. There are no pre-set "culture groupings" as there were in Civ3, so no nation has a pre-existing bias toward or against you.
      Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Now I know that, however the hatred seems to carry over long after free religion.
        As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
        atrocities.
        - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Ijuin
          Broadly speaking, anybody who has a state religion different from yours will not like you very much unless you do nice things for them frequently. There are no pre-set "culture groupings" as there were in Civ3, so no nation has a pre-existing bias toward or against you.
          That's why, aside from the happiness with temples, picking your religion or picking how much you spread your religion, can be very important. Religion, in the games I play, are very often the basis of the various blocs.

For example, in a recent game I was playing, early on, I was Alexander's bosom buddy, he was Hindu and I, as Rome, had no religion yet. Instead of changing my state religion to Hinduism, though, I plodded along, and managed to get to COL first and converted to Confucianism.

Alexander turned on me like a rabid wolverine and declared war a few turns later.

Comment

Working...
          X