TEXt problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEXt problems

When I start the game I get error messages concerning Italian text but then the game loads fine. I can also play the game but much of the text is missing. In the 'research next' popup it will say at the top, TEXT_Research_Blah_blah.
    I had that problem with the Direct2Drive version of the game and I'm having the same problem with the DVD version of the game on a new hard drive.
    I'm using Korean windows but I don't think I had a problem before patch 1.52.
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

How about the English version?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I select English from the install menu and the game is in English but for some reason a lot of important text in menus doesn't appear in the game. I sometimes have to guess. I think it's something the patch did to the game.

Comment

Used any mods?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

No. It's the game straight from the DVD and then the 1.52 patch as downloaded from inside the game.

Comment

this is a shame
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

I uninstalled and then installed again. I get the error message with version 1.00 but most of the text is fine. When I updated to 1.52 it got bad again. Here are the error messages, in case anyone can help.

xml\text\civ4gametext_misc1.xml couldn't parse because the TEXT end tag is not the same as the Italian start tag.
              line 9358.4
              source {/TEXT>

Load XML call failed for xml/text/civ4gametext_misc1.xml
              Current XML file is xml/text/civ4gametext_civilopedia_techs.xml

Comment

When you've reinstalled the game have you verified all three trees are removed/deleted prior to the new installation?
                Broogan Dreadbow
                WindowsXP Pro SP2, AMD AthlonXP 2800+, ASUS A7V600, ATI Radeon 9800Pro/128, TB Santa Cruz, 3x512MB PC2700 DDR, Seagate 200GB, Maxtor 40GB

Comment

trees? Folder trees, do you mean?

Comment

Yes.
                    Broogan Dreadbow
                    WindowsXP Pro SP2, AMD AthlonXP 2800+, ASUS A7V600, ATI Radeon 9800Pro/128, TB Santa Cruz, 3x512MB PC2700 DDR, Seagate 200GB, Maxtor 40GB

Comment

I tried that but it didn't work.

Comment

im having the exact same problems as Masuro.

i got the game as soon as it came out, installed it and played fine (along with the updates).

i uninstalled the game around xmas as i needed space on my hard drive and i never got around to resinstalling it.

i tried to reinstall it today and i get the same messages that Masuro describes above - even with the 1,52 update the errors persist. (clearing out the folders before reinstalling doesnt help either)

my computers system hasnt changed at all in the mean time. still using win xp sp2.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

dw

Comment

Working...
                        X