Sneak Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneak Attacks

Is it possible to move all my armies outside my neighbours cities, and then just attack him, or declare war. Or will breaking a treaty move my armies outside his territory?
    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Sure, you can mass troops just right outside somebody else's border, and then move right in.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Nah, I mean adjacent to their cities. I want to stike his capital with my first wave, but its deep inside his territory.
      The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

No...the new border system was designed specifically to stop that. Your best bet would be marines, but if it's an inland city, there's really nothing you can do

Comment

Why not just try it out? Put some troops near his capitol, declare war, see what happens. You really get your answer quicker that way than by posting a thread.

Comment

can't do it. But if your culture is strong enough, sometimes you can push your borders right up or just 1 square away from his cities and still atack the same turn. I love that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacht
              Why not just try it out? Put some troops near his capitol, declare war, see what happens. You really get your answer quicker that way than by posting a thread.
              No , I wont, which is why I posted this thread.

I need to know where to deploy my troops a 50 turns in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer
                No , I wont, which is why I posted this thread.

I need to know where to deploy my troops a 50 turns in advance
                You can put a few units next to one of his cities, then declare war. It won't take you more than a few turns and you will find out for sure.

Do it with a saved game so you can revert back.

One good indication is the computer players aren't doing it.
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                  can't do it. But if your culture is strong enough, sometimes you can push your borders right up or just 1 square away from his cities and still atack the same turn. I love that.
                  then leave their cities in ruins

hope you have a good war
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Re: Sneak Attacks

Originally posted by Destroyer
                    Or will breaking a treaty move my armies outside his territory?
                    That's right. As soon as the Open Borders is cancelled, your troops are transported to the nearest spot outside of his borders. It's not always a good idea to do it this way since you might end up in a location that's not all that great, like on the other side of his empire and away from yours.

Comment

Of course, that might allow for a nice two-front war.
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                        Of course, that might allow for a nice two-front war.
                        Except the AI never leaves his rear cities undefended, even when it's clearly in his best interest to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Yosho
                          Except the AI never leaves his rear cities undefended, even when it's clearly in his best interest to do so.
                          I wouldn't trust other computer players either.

Comment

Working...
                          X