Odd score 'problem'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd score 'problem'

OK. This is hardly a problem, but switched some of the settings for the games I play recently and I think it had a HUGE impact on my score. This all started by hating the 'count down' if you get within 100 turns of the end of the game. I was not in any danger of losing (two games in a row: one on warlord, one on noble (hey, I'm learning the system)) and I felt it gave an unnecessary urgency to my game. On that note, I decided to turn that option off. While I was there I decided (I should really learn to not toy with options) that I found it annoying to have to build the UN just to stop a vote so I disabled that as well. While I was there, the cultural victory seems all but impossible so I disabled that as well. Now I had the game my way (OK, the way I usually win): Conquest, Domination and Space Race (OK, I should have disabled Conquest as unless I'm razing cities it's not like I'm going to win that way either).

Long story to get to the point eh? Anyway, my score went through the roof! I'm now (on Noble) getting scores above 20K and a ranking of I think Augustus for any victory. I think this is the highest (at least that I can see, so perhaps I'm being obtuse). Now this is usually domination at about 1930s so I'm pretty sure this is a bug. My culture is pretty dominate as I'm using the CS slingshot (with the chopped Oracle) with good neighbor 'trimming' to augment growth (Hey, I've played Civ since Civ1), but in any of the previous Civs your potential score was closely tied to the level. Now maybe this is not the highest ranking possible and I'm just being an idiot, but it seems odd.

BTW, I'm using v1.52.
Working...
X