St. Louis, Miami, Huston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Louis, Miami, Huston?

I'm playing Qin Shin Hang, a chinese leader, I'm still founding cities on top of a former mongolian empire, but I am now getting defult city names of American cities. Why?

the game ran out of chinese names....so started using names of a country not in use.

Happens to me all the time!

Lori

Comment

America's still in the game though...

Comment

When a civ runs out of cities, it always takes names from civ 0 (which is America in the default game). I believe this will actually be fixed in the next patch.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Qwertqwert
          America's still in the game though...
          There's a bug in that situation. It's supposed to pick a random name from other civs not in play, but the error causes it to only select American names. It's a known issue and will probably be fixed in the next patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwertqwert
            I'm playing Qin Shin Hang, a chinese leader, I'm still founding cities on top of a former mongolian empire, but I am now getting defult city names of American cities. Why?
            It´s american culture imperialism at work. Soon your citizens will be demanding Nikes and Mc Donalds!
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

The same thing happened to me when I was playing with my brother in a LAN game. I was American and he was Russian I think. Anyway he started building cities with American names, which meant that we were sharing the same name list.

It seemed pretty weird at the time.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Interesting...

I assumed it started calling them "New [whatever]", surely that would make more sense?

Comment

That's what they did in Civ 3, I remember once in Civ 3 as well, all the new ___ were used up so it started with ____ 2.

Comment

Haven't you won already if you have so many cities?
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

No, I havn't gone to war other then with Isabella, and a good majority are new cities, or cities I took from Barbarians. I've got 30%/39% of population needed, and 30%/58% land area needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid

It´s american culture imperialism at work. Soon your citizens will be demanding Nikes and Mc Donalds!
                        hey, that's what I was going to say!. Or something similar.

Simply put. America is #1!

Comment

Working...
                        X