Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most important Tech is.....

For me it is currency.

I always like to play marathon games of huge maps.

Its important to spread out. To do this you need a large army to defend against barbarians. The larger you become the less money you have to spend on research.

Currency is the turning point where you can start to pull a bit more money in, and reverse the constant lowering of science spending.

Its also the point you can start expanding again.

Getting that far is another matter. Its possible to discover virtually all of the techs before it from goody huts. This alone can give you or the ai a huge advantage.

After a religion or two I always make a beeline for Currency. I understand that barbarians require dicovery of bronze, iron working or archery, but I usually discover at least one of these from goody huts.
    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

For me I think it is Liberalism. It isn't that I care about it, but that it gives me Nationalism for free and with just 2 more techs to research I have Cavalry. Then I spam as many cav out as I can and remove my worst enemy. If I can do this before that AI has gunpowder I can just walk over his entire civ. It feels like the one spot where I have such a military advantage that I can kill all those heavily fortified longbows without losing any of my own troops.

Comment

The first one that gets you a Religion.

Comment

Bronze Working first, then Alphabet. Later in the game depends.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

The one that gives you Tanks...
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

The wheel. You can't win if you don't invent the wheel at all.
            Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

pottery. you cant grow without granaries and cottages

Comment

Originally posted by Flamer(fin)
                The wheel. You can't win if you don't invent the wheel at all.
                You can, just makes it a tad more difficult.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yeah, just try asking the Aztecs. IRL that is.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Alphabet, nesissary for tech trading.

Comment

Astronomony.
                      It's the sole prereq of the most techs.
                      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Calendar. Allows you to make plantations and harvest the king of crops!

Comment

You are all wrong. It's farming.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Is "important"means here urgent,then bronze working;if very necessary the ones who enable workers work.
                            Best regards,

Comment

Bronze working is the first tech I go for if I start with mining. In no particular order:

You can build a worker and then build-chop settlers for quick early expansion.
                              You can locate copper and set about expanding towards it and/or hooking it up quickly.
                              If you can have an axeman or two early on then you don't need to worry so much about researching hunting and archery and you can take the fight to any barbarians a lot more easily.
                              Having the slavery civic means you can rush buy units or buildings for population - useful if you have a surplus of food but suffering health or unhappiness or if an unexpected assault heads your way.

All techs have their pros and cons, but imho Bronze Working is a damn useful early tech to have. Later techs depend on your style of play for their ascribable benefits.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X