I need a manual in English for Civ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a manual in English for Civ4

I just won a copy of Civ4 (I came in second in a map design contest for AoW SM over at Heaven Games) and the prize was a copy of Civ4. Unfortunately the copy that arrived is in Dutch.

Does anyone know where to get a .pdf of the Civ4 manual and development tree in English? I suspect this is a game that will require reading the references.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

I didn't read the manual.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Reading the manual is definitely recommended. I'm afraid though that a PDF version falls under the distribution of copyrighted content, so I can't help you on this one.

2K games did though offer a PDF version of the tech tree, given an error during the Civ4 release:

You can check http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/techtree_support.htm to see what the problem was.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

My wife "lost" my manual. If you have basic knowledge of the Civ series, you can get by with the Civilipedia F12 and experimentation. And of course asking on this website helps too.
        The Rook

Comment

Does anyone know if Firaxis sells manuals separately? If the prices wasn't too high I'd buy one.
          -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they don't, but you do have two other options.

One is to ask 2K in an email if they could send you one, explaining the situation.

Another option is to hope here - many people here have the game, and many don't really need theirs. Maybe some person from the forum would be willing to mail you their copy of the manual.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Is there a way to get a manual if we got it from direct2drive.com

Comment

For a starter quite a lot of the info in the manual is summarised here:

Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

You should not worry, the game if set in SETTLER with
                  every help option turned on, and some looking in the basic part of the Civilopia, will do it.
                  Especialy if you check out the game basics on this and other fansites. There is a lot of great stuff to download.
                  Hmm........Is this a good idear ?

Comment

Working...
                  X