Isolationism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isolationism

Started as Japanese, marathon, Continents, prince, and i'm on an island by myself (makes sense i guess). My initial thought is this might not be much fun, but once i go for water research it may be. Experiences? I know this happened to the Chinese while i was plundering others on my continent and they were in last place.

In my experience the biggest killer is the lack of people to trade technology with. Can really leave you behind.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

that's what i figured, i'm huge on trading.

Comment

I'd say that sounds like a good setup for a cultural victory, although Tokugowa isn't the best leader to have for that. It will be a different experience, because you can put a lot less emphasis on troops knowing your less likely for a large surprise invasion.

You do want a good partner or two for tech trading, but it shouldn't be too hard to meet someone. The isolated island tends to be within cultural bumping distance of at least one larger continent.

Comment

Island starts are often good for Cultural victories, but Toku doesn't play well to that.

You'll have to beeline for Optics and Astronomy. Use Caravels to scout out your 'targets'. Pick the one(s) that are equally isolated by islands, and hope you can get Samurai's there to conquer.

If you want to try to play more peacefully, you'll want to have a religion or two (to help with happiness), but probably do NOT want to declare it as a state religion. If you do that, everybody will hate you by the time you get contact with them.

Comment

Working...
          X