Great Prophet bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Prophet bug?

I am playing as the Monguls. I founded Budahism. My first Great Prophet was Jewish. My second was also Jewish. This mean I could not build the "Temple of Solomon" since I had not founded that religion. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

I can remeber in another game that I recived Great Prophets that were of my Civ's religion.

Great prophets have no religion, they can create any shrine IF they are in the right city.

Are you sure your prophet is in the holy city of buddhism?

Comment

Re: Great Prophet bug?

Originally posted by BigFree
      I am playing as the Monguls. I founded Budahism. My first Great Prophet was Jewish. My second was also Jewish. This mean I could not build the "Temple of Solomon" since I had not founded that religion. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

I can remeber in another game that I recived Great Prophets that were of my Civ's religion.
      I don't think that is a bug. The great prophets are born in the order they appear in the XML. I have added Merlin as a Great Prophet, so he is the first to appear - whatever religions I have founded. All Great Prophets do the same thing, whether you want to discover a tech, build a special building or add them to the city.

RJM at Sleeper's
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Great Prophets are all the same. Just because I got Moses it doesn't mean he would refuse to build the shrine of Confucianism.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

move the GP to the city that founded Buddhism and you should see the icon to build its building lighter than the rest

The city is denoted by a star on the Buddhism symbol on the city bar

Comment

I had a Great Prophet bug once. All the other ants in the ant farm would follow it around everywhere.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              I had a Great Prophet bug once. All the other ants in the ant farm would follow it around everywhere.
              Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

The only great prophet bug I have seen is the anoying tendancy to pop out an artist when you need a shrine very very badly!

Comment

my last game I didn't get any great prophets

Comment

I has a bug once where it wouldnt let me create a shrine in a holy city.
                    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

There is one bug where for some reason it sometimes won't let you build a shrine if you already have 2 national wonders in a city; that shouldn't happen, because a shrine is a world wonder, but sometimes it does.

Comment

I'm not sure what it was or is. I was playing that game on a borrowed laptop; the save is no longer available to me. I just know that I could not build any shrine. They were all blacked out in the build menu. I'll have to see if it happens again.

Comment

Working...
                        X