pyramid Grabbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pyramid Grabbing

i ahve just completed my first pyramid grab ever just wondering what time should it be completed by

As washington i Have completed pyramids in NY at 560 BC is this late

Second question howmuch out of the way should i go for completing a grab in this one i researced masonry to grab the stone in NY i know its ineffecient but then i don't need a quarry.

Also included is a save of where I am at I think I am bout 20 turns behind where i would be going for COL.
    Attached Files

I find Pyramids needs to be done by about 800BC to be safe. By 500 it is very often gone. Stonehenge by 1500 and Oracle by 1000. You can get away with later than these but there are no guarantees. I once saw an AI build the Oracle in 2000BC. Musta had lots of cottages on flood plains or lots of gold mines.

Comment

Originally posted by Crossfire
      I find Pyramids needs to be done by about 800BC to be safe. By 500 it is very often gone. Stonehenge by 1500 and Oracle by 1000. You can get away with later than these but there are no guarantees. I once saw an AI build the Oracle in 2000BC. Musta had lots of cottages on flood plains or lots of gold mines.
      If you start with Mysticism, Priesthood is pretty easy to get. With a good start it's quite possible to have it by 3620 BC.

Comment

Indians with mysticism and mining can get to Oracle fairly fast, which is at least one reason that Asoka or Gandhi are good choices. Ghandi being industrius doesn't hurt his chances either.

Mysticism puts you two steps away from priesthood, and mining puts you one step away from bronzeworking and chopping. Bronze also allows slavery and a pop rush. Gandhi is spiritual so no anarchy for changing civics either.
        Masonry is right between them if you happen to also have marble within reach.

3620 BC? 380 years into the game.

That sounds like Gandhi for sure.

Second choice would be spanish.
        Isabella hits some Fish and crabs with a work boats while she meditates and priesthoods. Then she goes for mining and bronze working, does a no anarchy civic change and pop rushes oracle. The ocean resources give gold for faster research and feed the fast growth that allows the pop rush.

English with Elizabeth can be nasty.
        She hits sea resources the same as isabells but with her financial trait she gets even more coin for research.
        She goes bronze working first and changes civics early so that the anarchy isn't as a big a hit.
        Then she has to get through mysticism, meditation, priesthood.
        She's philosophical, meaning double the Great People so an early boost like the oracle is sweet for her.

Comment

youza what difficulty level is this? on my game this was on prince normal then the ai has barely got meditation
          Washy just can't get the early wonder easliy by the looks of it
          he doesn't have miningbut he has fishing +agriculture in other words a double up .. you only need one of those for pottery.

i ended getting a great egineer and poped metalcasting built colossus etc unfortunately when i made contact i was way behind... thats what no happy resources does to you

Comment

Originally posted by Crossfire
            The 800BC seems to be a good number. I checked my game last night as Persians (emperor), where I built the Pyramids in 810BC. I put my 4th city in a very thick woods (need 7.5 forests), having stone in my 2nd city.

Persians start with agriculture and hunting. My path was mining, bronze working, animal husbandy (for pig, cow, and horses for immortals), wheel, pottery (cottages), and masonry.

Comment

Working...
            X