War weariness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War weariness

Can anybody give me any detailed info, on what influences war-weariness had how much ?

Thanks !

War weariness is caused by...

Taking cities.

Losing cities.

Nuking.

Being Nuked? (I don’t make a habit of it, so don’t know…)

Simply being at war doesn't cause WW to increase; "Wars of the Words" create no new WW at all. You have to be either succeeding or failing in your war for WW to creep in.

WW is higher in cities with larger populations, it is non-linear, you might have 1 WW in a size 8 city, and 6 WW in a size 16 city. WW is also higher in cities with foreign population - this is in addition to their whining about the aggression against the motherland.

War weariness is separate for each civ. You could have 15 WW with the Romans and 10 WW with the Aztecs, 25 total.

Making peace with a civ, causes the WW with that civ to go away, resuming war with a civ, causes the WW with that civ to come back. ie, you declare peace with the Romans, getting rid of 15 WW, you still have the 10 with the Aztecs. You declare war on the Romans again, their 15 comes back, you now have 25 WW again. So peace does not clear WW, it only puts it on the backburner.

Completely destroying a civ eliminates the WW with that civ (or in any case, they're permanently at(/ resting in) peace so it can't possibly come back...). The WW only goes away the turn after you destroy them, it goes away the moment you declare peace. (this might be a visual thing only).

WW decays with time, but quite slowly, it's generally only feasible to declare peace, or outright destroy the civ, to make the WW with the civ go away.

WW seems to be unbound. It goes up, up, up! It might be capped at very large amounts of WW, but some truly ridiculous WW figures have been seen (in the hundreds).

You can reduce WW by building jails, running police state and building Mt. Rushmore. You can counter WW by raising the culture slider and taking territory with more happy resources (along with the usual happy methods, but to have a large impact on WW you need to be taking drastic measures). In OCC's, building Globe Theatre means you never have to worry about WW.

Those are all just my observations, not rigorously tested. There might and probably are some more factors. I might be wrong on some points.

Comment

I once had substantial war weariness from simply being at war with a former ally that was pushed into war against me. He razed a ton of my infrastructure and it quickly became a war of attrition. I came very close to capturing his nearest city, but I was outflanked and he sued for peace shortly after. I'm pretty sure losing all the infrastructure that I did was a major factor in my skyrocketing war weariness.

Comment

Yup. If you're badly losing a war your people seem to be as eager to get rid of you as the invading force is...

Comment

Thanks - what about different civics (i mean except what is spelled out in the civic-menu) - does Representation (i.e.) cause more WW than Heridaty Rule ?

Comment

Working...
          X