Invisible cultural boarders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnmcd
    Also, it's not just you, it's you and your army.
    [nitpick]
    What if I'm an Explorer? Or if my army just fought barbs (i.e. went hunting with Dick Cheney) and is reduced to 0.5hp, and consists of only me?
    [/nitpick]
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

[nitpick]
      What if I'm an Explorer? Or if my army just fought barbs (i.e. went hunting with Dick Cheney) and is reduced to 0.5hp, and consists of only me?
      [/nitpick]
      Well if you really want to nitpick, you wouldn't be able to parachute into a country you don't have Open Borders with in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Well if you really want to nitpick, you wouldn't be able to parachute into a country you don't have Open Borders with in the first place.
        Nitpicking your nitpick of my nitpick of johnmcd's nitpick, what if we assume, as is plausible, that the culture values of the cities around Hicksville, Missouri, are low enough to allow for a square of no-man's-land territory?
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

I doubt it. We've got Hollywood in LA, and Broadway in New York City, not to mention Rock and Roll. I'm sure we've got pleanty of culture on this contenent.

Comment

All your bases belong to Mother Russia anyways.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Yosho
              I doubt it. We've got Hollywood in LA, and Broadway in New York City, not to mention Rock and Roll. I'm sure we've got pleanty of culture on this contenent.
              True... But what if we're playing custom ultra-huge maps, with huge spaces between cities?

You also need to remember that most cities on this continent have been accumulating culture only for the last 100 turns or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarsir
                Or that an invisible force is keeping you from entering borders...
                In Civ 4 nothing stops you from entering. It's just that, if you move in without Open Borders - with a few exceptions - the hick farmers are going to inform their leader, who is going to get upset and declare war on you.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

True... But what if we're playing custom ultra-huge maps, with huge spaces between cities?
                  Nah, Earth is just a Standard map. Now Jupiter, that would be an ultra-huge map. Though I doubt you'd find very many hick farmers there.

Comment

Okay - obviously i havent thougth the whole thing through... so just forget it, okay ?

Comment

Added to my To Do list:
                      • Parachute into rural Missouri
                      • Find a hick farmer
                      • Get him to take me to see President Bush
                      I'm sure that this would work if you would be from some unknown nation who claims to come with an important message for the leader of the americans.

Of course this would only be the case if you were an alien, since there are no other unknown nations anymore.
                      I can assure you that you will meet bush if you can dress like an alien good enough that neither the CIA nor the FBI nor whomever will see your fraud.

I cannot promise you that you will like those investigations on your 'alien' body though.
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Nitpicking your nitpick of my nitpick of johnmcd's nitpick, what if we assume, as is plausible, that the culture values of the cities around Hicksville, Missouri, are low enough to allow for a square of no-man's-land territory?
                        Olive Garden = +2 culture per turn. Chili's is a +3.

Comment

You guys have completly and irrevocably destroyed this poor guys premise. (and his thread)

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                            since there are no other unknown nations anymore.
                            Think about what you just said

Comment

Originally posted by Amarsir
                              Olive Garden = +2 culture per turn. Chili's is a +3.
                              You made a typo. I believe you meant "-2" and "-3"...

Comment

Originally posted by padillah
                                You guys have completly and irrevocably destroyed this poor guys premise. (and his thread)
                                Bushido: The Way of the Threadjack

Comment

Working...
                                X