Stupid AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid AI

Noticed an example of *very* stupid AI behaviour the other day.

In a warlord game, my continent was getting low on rivals. Montezuma is gone, Asoka has only 1 city left and Victoria is small but untouched. As I consolidate my territory after steamrolling Montezuma I notice english forces move through my territory towards Asokas last city.

Relations with the english has been excellent but as they are my obvious next target I figure I should send Asoka some aid

So I gift him a musketman (which I reckon may be *just* what Asoka need to survive the first wave of hooligans)

How do you think the AI use this new super-unit? Turtle up at home? Nooo, send him away on a galley.

So I sit there wondering, where to? He had no other cities, no settlers, no nothing. Just that last city...
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Re: Stupid AI

Originally posted by bongo
    So I sit there wondering, where to? He had no other cities, no settlers, no nothing. Just that last city...
    Settling the America's!11Truth11!!
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Try commanding the musketman yourself next time...
      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

u should have attacked the engish army
        http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by -SafaN-
          u should have attacked the engish army
          I did, *after* asoka was gone. I just wanted to witness some AI on AI action first

And weaken the english *before* I attacked them

Comment

Hey, for all you know, that one musketman may have somehow got insanely lucky and burned half of England to the ground before finally being killed.

Go super musketman! Get revenge on those English imperilist bastards!

Comment

Nah, I would have known, I captured england only a few turns later and it had no burn-marks

Actually, I followed the galley with my own navy to see where it was headed but it was disbanded unceremoniously when Asokas last city fell

Comment

Doh. That is silly. I would guess they were trying some sort of end-around landing in English territory (not that such a move was smart given those circumstances). Was that the direction the galley was headed?

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Nope, our continent was vaguely U-shaped, with the english living on the upper inside of the left side, while Asoka had his last city on the middle outside of the right side, he even sent his galley the longer route.

Taking the shortest route, he could have landed with the english after some 10-15 turns I think. Just in time to watch me take the last english cities
                  (I was procrastinating a great deal to get a level 6 promotion )

Comment

Working...
                  X